What is NJMCDirect?
Traffic tickets, fines and fees are often a pain to deal with. You generally have to take your challan, and go to the court to pay it in full, within a time period, or along with late fees/ fines. This may take over half a day, and you may have to take a day off work. This process is inexplicably long, and complicated, especially in this digital age.
Considering these factors, NJMC( New Jersey Meadowlands Commission) have created the NJMCDirect portal, a digital payment portal for paying off your traffic tickets and fines, at your own convenience wherever is convenient. Using you mobile device, or your laptop/ computer, you can pay your fines in a timely and convenient fashion, in a few steps.
This article will further elaborate on how you can use the portal to pay your fines and fees
How to Pay NJ Traffic Ticket Online?
NJMCDirect is an effortless and fast way to pay your NJ court traffic fees and fines online. This system uses your prefix code, and eliminate all the need to spend a large amount of time queuing and looking for NJ courts in order to pay your traffic fees and fines. This facility further helps you to avoid paying late fines. To use the NJMCDirect portal, you’ll need the following
- Parking or traffic ticket: On a traffic/ parking violation, an officer will hand you a challan for the amount of the fine to be paid. The ticket shall contain an encrypted court ID, a ticket number, and shall mention the rule/ law violated. This is the most important part of this process, as without this no payments can be made.
- License plate number: You will need your license plate number, as on your driving license, or as on your vehicle. This helps in proper identification of the person whose fees/ fines are being paid
- Online banking: You will need access to any of the following modes of online payment; a credit card, or a debit card. You can use Mastercard or Visa for the payment
The working hours for the NJMCDirect portal are:
Monday-Thursday: 4:30 AM – 11:15 PM (EST)
Friday: 4:30AM – 10:15PM (EST)
Saturday: 4:30AM – 3:15PM (EST)
Sunday: 1:00PM – 11:15PM (EST)
Fine payment by NJMCDirct portal is quick and easy, by following the given steps
- Open the browser of your choice( Google chrome, Safari, Microsoft edge, Mozilla firefox etc.) in your device( Mobile or Laptop/ Chromebook/ PC)
- Go to www.njmcdirect.com, the official website for NJMCDirect payment
- On the portal, you will find two options, traffic ticket, municipal complaint, and then select the traffic complaint section
- Enter the details asked for. Here you will type in the court ID/ name, ticket prefix, ticket number, and your license plate number
- Click on continue
- You can click on two options now, click on ‘View NJMCDirect Ticket’ to see your NJMC ticket, the amount payable, and all fees( including late fees) involved, or on ‘Process NJMCDirect Ticket’ to go to the next payment window
- On the payment page now, choose your mode of payment, credit or debit cards( Visa or Mastercard) to pay the fine
- Fill out your card details, and click on continue. The payment will be made, and you will be redirected to the printable receipt
- You can save a copy of the receipt anytime within the next 90 days, beyond which the portal may delete your receipt data
I hope that this article has been helpful in guiding you through paying your fines using NJMCDirect portal, and were able to help through the process